2 / 1814 Mount Glorious Road, Mount Glorious, QLD 4520
Last updated: 14th September 2019
Listing ID: 3002
- 30 Parking spaces
- 150.0m2 Floor area
- 1.55m2 Land area
HIGHEST PEAK LOOKOUT including SHOP and HOUSE
Phone enquiries - please quote property ID 20524
YOU CAN SEE … over Brisbane suburbs to the city
YOU CAN SEE ... almost 100km of coastline from Tamborine Mountain to Redcliffe
YOU CAN SEE ... the bay, ships, islands, dunes
The key feature of this property is an outdoor “lookout” area which is over 25 metres wide. It's the only lookout that's open to the public anywhere in the Brisbane mountains (Mt Glorious and Mt Nebo) with the prized view EAST towards Brisbane and the bay. In addition to the panoramic view that will attract customers inside your doors, there’s 4 other reasons why this block of land represents the prime location at Mount Glorious to run a business:
1) WIDTH: widest block on this eastern crest with 55m frontage to the view so all guests can sit and enjoy the view to Brisbane unobstructed.
2) CARPARK: Along the entire 55-metre frontage to the view is the largest private carpark in the Brisbane mountains (paved 30 bays).
3) LOCATION: In the heart of Mt Glorious village, with a gated carpark entrance seen by all cars driving on the only road through the mountain.
4) ZONING: commercial history since the 1970s of being a gift shop + general store + art gallery + nursery
Since the property has two buildings perched at the very top of this mountain ledge, they enjoy constant sunlight throughout the day which is seldom found in a such dense rainforest region. Council current zoning allows some tables and chairs to be placed around the lookout area for customers, as long as no food preparation is done on site.
BUILDING 1 - THE ORIGINAL STORE
60 square metres built in the 1970s as the gift shop for a zoo, it later became a general store, and in 2001 was an art gallery with outdoor nursery. This building has always been zoned as "non-residential" and "non owner occupied" by council.
BUILDING 2 - THE MODERN HOUSE
Two-storey house built in 2001, positioned approximately 7 metres from the store, designated with council as the “store caretaker's residence".
- 1.5 acres of land with 12 species of fruit trees
- stunning views from almost every room in the house
- views even prettier at night than during the day
- located at Lot2 1814 Mt Glorious Road
- lush rainforest is only 5 minutes walk away (on fahey rd)
- a clean and cool breeze almost every day of the year
- gated community with only 4 other parties in bodycorp
- body corp takes care of maintenance of the carparking area
- short footpath from centre of the parking area goes to lookout
- retail store zoned for gifts, general store, art gallery or nursery
- located right next door to busy restaurant
- lookout area can also be hired out as an outdoor wedding venue
- only 40 mins drive to CBD
DISCLAIMER No Agent Business (www.noagentbusiness.com.au) is an Australian 'For Sale By Owner' website operating since 1999. We proudly assist commercial property owners who are looking to sell or lease their own commercial property without paying any real estate commission. While every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, the correctness cannot be guaranteed.
This property is car dependent with almost all errands requiring a car. There are minimal transit options but it’s possible to get on a bus.
- Walker's Paradise
- Daily errands do not require a car
- Very Walkable
- Most errands can be accomplished on foot
- Somewhat Walkable
- Some errands can be accomplished on foot
- Car Dependent
- Most errands require a car
- Car Dependent
- Almost all errands require a car
- Rider's Paradise
- World-class public transportation
- Excellent Transit
- Transit is convenient for most trips
- Good Transit
- Many nearby public transportation options
- Some Transit
- A few nearby public transportation options
- Minimal Transit
- It is possible to get on a bus